- Docs & Links
|Wing Commander |
Col Ross Veta
Vice Commander - North (CV) - Lt Col Veta, Ross
Vice Commander - South (CV) - Lt Col Chase, Gregory P.
Chief of Staff (CS) - Lt Col Sturgill, Tammy A
Advisor to the Commander - Lt Col Crum, James L.
Advisor to the Commander - 1st Lt Ferguson, Ellen S. (IAOD)
Advisor to the Commander - Lt Col Prusak, Michael
R & D Advisor - Maj Alverio, Joseph
Director of Legislative Affairs - Lt Col Kempton, Mark
Wing Coordinator to CAP-USAF - Lt Col Prusak, Michael
Command Chief - --
Project Officer - Wreaths Across America - Capt Goude, Elizabeth (IAOD)
Historian - Lt Col Wiest, Charles E (IAOD)
Compliance Officer - Lt Col Prusak, Michael (IAOD)
Recruiting and Retention Officer - 1st Lt Buesing, Eric D (IAOD)
Glider Program Manager - Lt Col Welliver, James G (IAOD)
Asst CAWG Conference Coordinator - Lt Col Charles E. Wiest (IAOD) 143977
Wing commanders are the senior corporate officers within their wing and are responsible to the corporation and to the region commander for ensuring that Corporation objectives, policies, and operational directives are effectively executed within their wing. They shall:
- Exercise command over all units and personnel in their wing.
- Promote objectives and purposes of CAP by encouraging the achievement of established goals and programs by all units and by establishing new goals and programs within the wing in support of the corporation's objectives.
- Establish plans, policies, and procedures necessary to the proper conduct of wing affairs that are not in conflict with National Headquarters and region policies and directives.
- Ensure the safety of personnel and equipment though an active and aggressive safety education and inspection program.
- Be aware of the accomplishments, problems and degree of compliance by subordinate units with policies and directives through a system of inspections, reports, and staff visits.
- Inform the region commander of progress toward achievement of objectives, notable accomplishments, problem areas, and other matters of interest.
- Refer problems that cannot be resolved at wing level to the region commander.
- Select and appoint high caliber wing staff members and remove from wing staff positions those members deemed unqualified or otherwise unsuitable to continue in their positions.
- Appoint high caliber commanders of subordinate units when replacements are needed and remove unit commanders from positions whenever they are considered unqualified or otherwise unsuitable.
- Visit subordinate units on a periodic basis and apprise them on matters affecting them and assist by furnishing guidance and resolving problems.
- Approve all organizational actions for subordinate units (charters, redesignations, activations, deactivations, etc.).
- Approve promotions for members within the wing.
- Approve recommendations for awards and decorations for members of the wing.
- Visit subordinate units on a periodic basis and apprise units on matters affecting them and assist them by furnishing guidance and resolving problems.
- Maintain close liaison with the governor and staff and serve as advisor on CAP affairs.
- Perform those functions specifically stated in the Bylaws of Civil Air Patrol and other duties as the nature of the office may require.
- Wing commanders should be familiar with the Civil Air Patrol Constitution and Bylaws, all CAP governing directives and all policy matters affecting their command.
Click on the + icon to expand the Documents and Links. Click on the file/link name to view the file/link or the (Details) link to view more information about the file/link.